Upcoming Safety Seminars:
- 13 January 2018, 10 AM EST: Flight School Annual Security Awareness Training. FAA Safety Team WINGS safety seminar
- 14 March 2018, 8 PM EDT: What TBO Really Means -- or, why I bought a whole new airplane. EAA Webinar (FAA Safety Team WINGS and AMT Award credit offered)
- 9 May 2018, 8 PM EDT: Four Fundamentals of Flight: breaking it down to the basics. EAA Webinar (FAA Safety Team WINGS Award credit offered)
- 11 July 2018, 8 PM EDT: Get Out Of Dodge! Preparing for cross-country flight. EAA Webinar (FAA Safety Team WINGS Award credit offered)
- 12 September 2018, 8 PM EDT: VFR Navigation - Three Keys to the Kingdom. EAA Webinar (FAA Safety Team WINGS Award credit offered)
- 14 November 2018, 8 PM EST: Charting Your Course: Deciphering the VFR Sectional Aeronautical Chart. EAA Webinar (FAA Safety Team WINGS Award credit offered)
- 9 January 2019, 8 PM EST: Less than Ideal: Short Field, Soft Field, and Obstacle Operations EAA Webinar (FAA Safety Team WINGS Award credit offered)
- 13 March 2019, 8 PM EDT: First Flight, No Fright: All About Discovery Flights and Introductory Lessons EAA Webinar (FAA Safety Team WINGS Award credit offered)
AvSport Pilot Training Courses:
- 2018 Spring Quarter Intensive Training: 11 March - 14 April
- 2018 Summer Quarter Intensive Training: 8 July - 11 August
- 2018 Fall Quarter Intensive Training: 8 October - 11 November
AvSport Commercial Drone Operator Courses:
- Spring Term: 6-8 March 2018
- Summer Term: 5-7 June 2018
- Fall Term: 11-13 September 2018
Classes meet from 9 AM to 4 PM each day, with a one-hour lunch break.
On the Airport:
- AvSport Hangar Flying Session with coffee and donuts, in the Pilot's Lounge, Hangar One, Piper Memorial Airport, (typically) first Saturday of every month (check our Facebook page for exact dates), 10 AM to Noon.
- Sentimental Journey Pancake Breakfast, Sunday, 6 May 2018, 8 AM - Noon.
- Sentimental Journey Fly-In, 19 - 23 June 2018. FAA WINGS Safety Seminars and AvSport Discovery Flights will be offered.
- Wings Over Piper Radio Control Model Aircraft Meet, Friday through Sunday, 3 - 5 August 2018. AvSport drone exhibition flights will be offered.
- Williamsport Regional Association of Pilots, WRAP Clubhouse, Energy Aviation, Montoursville PA (on the field at KIPT), first Monday of every month, 7 - 9 PM.
- EAA Fly-in breakfast, Mifflin County Airport, Reedsville PA, second Saturday of every month, 8-11 AM.
- US Sport Aviation EXPO, January 24 - 27, 2018, Sebring FL
- Sun 'n Fun, April 10 - 15, 2018, Lakeland FL
- Airventure 2018, July 23 - 29, 2018, Oshkosh WI
- Sun 'n Fun, April 2 - 7, 2019, Lakeland FL
- Airventure 2019, July 22 - 28, 2019, Oshkosh WI
- Sun 'n Fun, March 31 - April 5, 2020, Lakeland FL
- Airventure 2020, July 20 - 26, 2020, Oshkosh WI
- Aero 2018, Friedrichshafen Germany, April 25 - 28, 2018
- Aero 2019, Friedrichshafen Germany, April 10 - 13, 2019
- Aero 2020, Friedrichshafen Germany, April 22 - 25, 2020
Fun Places to Fly:
If you can drive, you can fly!
Copyright © AvSport of Lock Haven, a subsidiary of Microcomm Consulting
This page last updated 11 January 2018
Top of Page